This posting has expired and is no longer available.
The Salvation Army seeks a Dishwasher /Janitor for our Food Services Department at our Divisional Headquarters. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the cleanliness of the skillet and ovens.
- Operates the dishwasher.
- Ensure the food service area is cleaned and maintained on a daily basis at standards which ensures full compliance with all health and sanitation requirements.
- All daily cleaning tasks assigned are completed then documented.
- Assists with the meal preparation and serving to clients as needed
- Assists with obtaining supplies from the storerooms, coolers, or freezer for the following day cooking.
- Assist with receipt of deliveries and maintenance of food service areas are organized and supervised.
- Assist with insuring that food and equipment are secured from theft.
- Assist with insuring that food and non-food items are appropriately received and stored
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
The successful candidate will possess:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- One year food service experience.
- Able to work as a team member and well with others
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- An attention to detail
- A positive attitude and ability to be flexible in light of changing job situations/priorities
- A willingness to support the mission of The Salvation Army
- Must possess current City of Phoenix Food Service/Sanitation Certificate
- Must possess, or be eligible to receive, a fingerprint clearance card.
- Able to operate the equipment available while doing the required job function.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Moderate exposure to extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, unpleasant odors, and loud noises. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Must also be able to pass a background check and be eligible to receive a fingerprint clearance card.
Submit cover letter and resume by responding to this ad.
THE SALVATION ARMY MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination